Fun jumbo hair braid in pale pink/lilac tones with pink tinsel throughout. Great for festivals, parties and every day fun hair accessorising!
Measurements: Each strand is 48 inches long. As a braid it is 24 inches long (if braiding it normally in from the top). If braiding as we do (feeding in the colour a little at a time, you will get a longer braid - approx 28 inches).
In the photos we used 1 pack of braids (1/2 a set for each braid). There are a number of tutorials you can watch on Youtube on how to feed the colour extensions into a braid. Type in "braiding with colour extensions". We will be posting a video soon to show you how we have found it most effective to braid in the extensions.
Before you get stressed out about having to watch Youtube tutorials and try and braid these in, just to let you know for any Sydney purchasers or visitors to Sydney, we are at Manly Markets in the main corso section every Saturday and Sunday from October-end of January (weather permitting) and are offering to braid the extensions in for you at a total cost of $40 (including the braid and a hair charm). This is done by appointment only and takes approximately 40 minutes. Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm a date and time.
There are many ways to braid, however we have found the following tips helpful for braiding the colour extensions into 2 firm braids:
1. We separate the colour extensions so that half of the extension pack is for the left side braid and the other half of the extension is used on the right side braid.
2. Separate the colour extension used for the left side braid into 4 equal parts (quarters). Then take a small amount of one quarter so that you can use that part to start the braid at the very top. (Note, you should now have 5 parts to feed into the braid). If you choose to divide the braid into less parts than we have suggested because you want a thicker look, remember for fine or shorter hair it may be too heavy to start the braid and may not hold as well.
3. We find it easiest to feed the colour into the hair on the side closest to where you've parted the hair (for example, if you are braiding the left side of the head then feed the colour extensions into the braid closest to where you have parted the hair down the middle of the head). This part is quite difficult to describe so we will post a video soon for you to see.
4. As you feed the colour extensions into the braid, it is best to manipulate the colour as you braid - for stronger effect pull more of the colour around so you can see it more, or for a more subtle effect, braid normally and you'll get a mix of your natural hair and the colour extensions.
5. If you wanted ultra thick braids you would need 2 sets of colour extensions and try not to braid it so tightly. This way when you've finished you can pull the colour out more so it looks much thicker.
6. Use some hair spray to hold it in and decorate with some hair accessories for that true festival look (available on our website soon!).
7. To keep your braids looking their best don't wear them in water. You may also find when you wake up in the morning they look a bit messy (dependant upon how much you thrash about when sleeping!). The part that usually needs a touch up is the plait section where your natural hair ends and the braid continues. Carefully undo the braid up to the section where it is messy and just plait that section again. *TIP: If you tuck your hair into the inside of the plait and wrap the colour extension more to the outside, it aides as a barrier to hold your hair in place better.
8. So your braids are done and you've worn them for a few days. Can you use your braids again? Yes you can! Carefully undo the braid and gently brush it as you undo it. As you get to where you have braided the colour extensions into the hair, carefully remove them and hang them over a coat hanger until you have all the sections back together. Tie the braid with some ribbon or elastic to keep it neat and put a cover over the top (a reusable plastic bag is ideal!).
Material: Synthetic fibre
Our jumbo hair braids are heat resistant. Please be aware we have tested them with a ghd Platinum+ straightening iron which heats to 185 degrees (the temperature of all ghd hair tools). The braids curl really well.
Consider the following points before choosing your braid colour:
- Do I want a bold effect or more subtle effect? For a more bold effect go with a contrasting colour to your natural hair colour. For a more subtle effect choose a similar colour to your hair.
- What outfits am I going to wear my braids with? Do I want to be colour co-ordinated or does it not matter?
- We have taken lots of photos of the braids on our customers for you to see the colour effects of the braids Larzy offers. Look through all the braids on offer to find the colour to suit your style best.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you on your hair accessorising journey!