Designed by us, this is one of our favourites! Did we mention it GLOWS IN THE DARK!
Fun jumbo hair braid in pink and white with amazing glow in the dark feature! A must have accessory for festivals, parties and every day fun.
Measurements: Individual strands are 48 inches long. As a braid it is 24 inches long (if braiding it normally in from the top). If braiding as we do (feeding in the colour a little at a time, you will get a longer braid - approx. 28 inches).
There are many ways to braid, however we have found the following tips helpful for braiding the colour extensions into 2 firm braids:
- We separate the colour extensions so that half of the extension pack is for the left side braid and the other half of the pack is used on the right side braid.
- Separate the colour extension for the left side braid into 4 equal parts. Then take a small amount of one part so that you can use that part to start the braid at the very top (it won't be so chunky). You should now have 5 parts. If you choose to divide the braid into less parts than we have suggested because you want a thicker look, please note for fine or shorter hair it may be too heavy to start the braid and may not hold as well.
- We find it easiest to feed the colour into the hair on the side closest to where you've parted the hair (for example, if you are braiding the left side of the head every time you need to add the colour extensions into the braid add them into the top section next to the centre part.
- As you feed the colour extensions into the braid try to pull the colour hair to the outside of the braid so you can see the colour more or for a more subtle effect, braid normally and you'll get a mix of your natural hair and the colour extensions.
- If you wanted ultra thick braids you would need 2 sets of colour extensions and try not to braid it so tightly. This way when you've finished you can pull the colour out more so it looks much thicker.
- Use some hair spray to hold it in and decorate with some hair accessories for that true festival look (hair charms available on our website).
- You can wear your braids swimming and in the shower. The more you get them wet the messier they will get, but just touch up with a bit of hair spray or gel. An option is to use dry shampoo to keep them clean.
- You can keep your braid in for as long as you want. Some people keep it in for a few days, others a few weeks. We have found people mostly keep them in for around 10 days.
- So your braids are done and you've worn them for a few days. Can you use your braids again? Yes you can! Carefully undo the braid and gently brush it as you undo it. As you get to where you have braided the colour extensions into the hair, carefully remove them and hang them over a coat hanger until you have all the sections back together. Tie the braid with some ribbon or elastic to keep it neat and put a cover over the top (a reusable plastic bag is ideal!). They will probably be too messy to braid in again, but you can always use them in a ponytail. Just remember to plait them in as they will get extra knotty and messy if you don't.
Material: Synthetic fibre
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you on your hair accessorising journey!
Love Larzy xx